The Stewardship of Finance Department is responsible for carefully and properly managing God's gifts from our church family and using those gifts to the glory of God. Among the tasks for which Stewardship is responsible are:
- Accounts Receivable - accurately recording all gifts and other receipts
- Accounts Payable - paying all bills including disbursing funds for Missions activities and operating expenses
- Managing the Church Endowment Fund
- Reporting all receipts and expenditures to monthly meetings of the Church Council
- Establishing the annual church budget, through consultation with each department. Upon completion, the budget is submitted to the Church Council for recommendation to the membership. Finally, the members present at the Annual Meeting vote to approve the budget.
- Preparation of financial reports for inclusion in the Annual Report
- Annual preparation and distribution of congregational giving statements
"...Lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal.
For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:20-21
In addition to the ongoing responsibilities outlined above, Department team members are currently engaged in:
- Introduction of a new Member Management system including gifts, communication, and congregant record keeping
- Preparation of a system for identifying specific projects appropriate for the allocation of memorial funds
- Working with the Properties Department, documenting both short-term and long-term capital needs for building maintenance, plant and equipment